Sunday 30 January 2011

GLOBAL GAME JAM



Went to the Global Game Jam this year, which basically is a worldwide 48 hour game making marathon! Needless to say I didn't sleep much, but it was nice to get completely consumed in a project over 2 days and the hard work was pretty fulfilling.

The theme of the year was "Extinction" me and my team (Adam and Tom Vian) went down the route of a giant deity taking out it's revenge on a very stylised planet Earth by flicking cosmic objects at it.


Most of the work I did was things such as colour planning, backgrounds and the deity pretty much, I even got to sneak in some animation! Adam handled all the lifeforms and objects on the main planet (which came out beautifully):

Tom only slept 4 hours to get all the programming done!? It all payed off though

Even though Game Jam has finished, we still need to fine tune the game a little bit more. Well done to all the people who made games this year

(thats me... in the middle..)




No comments:

Post a Comment